cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

How to open .JT with Creo 2.0?

umasjost
1-Newbie

How to open .JT with Creo 2.0?

Hi Community-Members,

we are working with Creo 2.0 and have to open .jt files from Daimler.

Now I´m looking for an easy and effective way to do this.

Can you provide me a good (and if possible cost-neutral) converter?

Greetings,

Ulli

6 REPLIES 6
KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:umasjost)

Hello Ulrich Masjost‌,

I've moved this thread from the PTC Integrity Community to the PTC Creo Community to get your question exposed to the people most likely to be able to help.

Regards,
Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
dnordin
15-Moonstone

Ulli,

The JT interface is a separate purchased license from PTC.  It's also a separate piece that needs to be selected during the software install, so you need both to import/export JT in Creo Parametric.  We have the license and it has served us well.  No complaints.  We haven't used any free translators for JT.

Regards,

Dan N.

ft-2
1-Newbie

Hello,

Another solution could be to have the files in a neutral format that Creo can open.

Is the provider of the .jt files able to give you .step files instead?

umasjost
1-Newbie
(To:ft-2)

Hi Felix,

of course it would be the best for us to get step-data, but it´s extra-effort for our customer and the JT-data is always available.

So, to save time it would be nice to have a easy way to open the JT´s.

ft-2
1-Newbie

Ok, so as dnordin said, the jt interface license could be a good solution. But I have no idea of how much it costs.

If this solution is too expensive, you can maybe look at this other possibility: As you only get JT files, you can convert it to step on your side with a cad converter. CrossManager can convert .jt to step. It is fast and easy to use.

I think this article https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS70279 will be helpful to you.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags