cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How to update all sheets automatically?

mgupta-4
1-Newbie

How to update all sheets automatically?

Dear All,

How to update all the sheets ,please mention?

and after updating how to make dxf of all ,any suggestions?

Thanks ,

Manish

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jose_Costa
6-Contributor
(To:mgupta-4)

To update all sheets try this mapkey:

mapkey us ~ Command `ProCmdDwgSelectAllSheets` ;~ Command `ProCmdDwgUpdateSheets`;

It selects all sheets and updates.

To export all sheets, under the Export environment for DXF select Tab "Sheets" and option "all sheets as paperspace".

Jose

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Please clarify what you are updating.

Normally all parts and assemblies in memory update in real-time.

Sometimes the models in drawings require regeneration. That is not sheet dependent.

Hi,

Actually after making the drawing from some assembly whenever I changed something in assembly or in part ,in the drawing file it will not automatically update i have to update it by "Update Sheets " symbol.

and next thing i have around 18-25 sheets in one .drw file and i have to convert it to dxf for some internal reasons.

so for this i have to seperately make dxf file of each sheet.

Hope you understand .

Any clarification please tell.

Manish

Gucio
14-Alexandrite

mgupta-4
1-Newbie
(To:Gucio)

Hi,

where to find "config.sup" and i donot find the "enable_auto_drawing_update".

in option-->configuration editor.

Please suggest.

till i worked only on confiq.pro.

Please advice.

Manish

Gucio
14-Alexandrite

hi,

to use config.sup you have to create it manually. the only proper place for config.sup is <load_point>\Common Files\M***\text\ folder. What is more, mentioned settings are hidden -so you have to add them in text editor.

Krzysztof

Krzysztof
TomU
23-Emerald IV

Be careful. "enable_auto_drawing_update" and the other related options are for VERY DIFFERENT PURPOSES than what you're asking for. These options are used to "update" a drawing that was created in an earlier version to the methods used in the latest version. They have nothing to do with getting a drawing to update to geometry changes in the same version.

Instead, take a look at "auto_regen_views". Setting this to "yes" in any of your config.pro files will force Creo to automatically regenerate the drawing views every time you view them.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

The way I update all sheets is to use shift+select sheet 1 thru sheet x. The I go to the review tab and select UPDATE SHEETS. If all sheets are selected, all sheets will be updated.

This is by no means automatic but with a drawing with that many sheets, you probably don't really want automatic view regeneration anyway.

We also have a config.pro option set disable automatic view regeneration: auto_regen_views NO . We set this due to large assemblies taking a long time to update on drawings.

I would create DXF files of multisheet drawings using a mapkey if I had to do it a lot. It is also not automatic, but it is much faster than individually making the selections per sheet.

is there an option save_display yes/no in your config.pro ?

If a drawing is saved under this option

- yes means the drawing will be opened as saved. You have to update your drawing, regenerating wont help.

- no means drawing will be regenerated on opening.

Reinhard

Jose_Costa
6-Contributor

To update all sheets try this mapkey:

mapkey us ~ Command `ProCmdDwgSelectAllSheets` ;~ Command `ProCmdDwgUpdateSheets`;

It selects all sheets and updates.

To export all sheets, under the Export environment for DXF select Tab "Sheets" and option "all sheets as paperspace".

Jose

Any map key can i generate that all the sheets in model space ...

Jose_Costa
6-Contributor

Just using mapkeys, I don't see how to do it.

My best suggestion is to build a big mapkey that activates sheet one and export to dxf, activates sheet two and repeat....

Attached is a mapkey that does this for 15 sheets, you can add more just copy/pasting the lines and changing the numbers.

I think this will solve your problem

Jose

Jose_Costa
6-Contributor

Try attached mapkey for update and export.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags