cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

I ; Area Moment of Inertia. | 1/12BH^3

ptc-919987
1-Newbie

I ; Area Moment of Inertia. | 1/12BH^3

Hello, I'm trying to find out how to calculate the I (Area Moment of Inertia. | 1/12BH^3) in Pro|e. If I test a simple block (1x1x1mm) and check the mass properties I can find a couple of inertia values, but I’m not sure witch one to look for. With a 1x1x1 block I would expect a value of 0.08333 somewhere but it is not there. What am I doing wrong? Thanks... Ferry
2 REPLIES 2

Hi, Since you are trying to find out the Area Moment of Inertia, you should use the Cross Section Mass Properties in Pro/E. To do Cross Section Mass Properties - #Analysis ->Model Analysis -> Then select type as -X Section Mass Properties. For this you will need a cross section at the desired location or you can use a plane at the location.. Then the result is available under the INERTIA TENSOR. Hope this helps.. Rameet

Hello Rameet, Certainly this helps!!!! Thank you, this was exactly what I was looking for! Ferry
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags