cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Joining surfaces to obtain a volume,and then solidify it

ptc-3088534
1-Newbie

Joining surfaces to obtain a volume,and then solidify it

I received a CimatronIT native model which contain a very simple geometry but only surfaces. I'd like to join those sufaces to obtain a volume and then solidify it! Someone can theach me the way to do it? Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Try to merge the surfaces. Select two surface/quilts and use merge icon to make it one surface and repeat till you have all the individual surface/quilt merged to one single quilt. lastly select the final quilt and solidify. -Chander.

If the imported surfaces are treated as a single feature, you will have to use the "Import Data Doctor" to fix it. Right click on the feature and use the surface merge function in it. That will allow you to select each surface seperately. Good luck.

Well.....are there any pink, instead of purple, edges? If so there are boundary issues, that may or may not be fixable with Data Dr.. You may have to delete surfaces, and put in new surfaces before you try and merge. If you have Solidworks, that actually has a much better translator than Pro/E. In cases where I had geometry problems on import directly into Pro/E, I'd import it into SW first, then STEP it out to Pro/E. Beats fixing things by creating surfaces.
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags