cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Measure Distance Projection Direction CSYS

mathew.palazola
1-Newbie

Measure Distance Projection Direction CSYS

Regarding Measure Distance and picking the Projection Direction.

I almost alwasy want my measure commands to show me x, y, and z (positive or negative) values.

Usually I want the x,y,z values to be relative to the first coordinate system in the active model.

I would really like to find a way to have ProE give me this command without all the back and forth picking on screen.

I've tried mapkeys and it doesn't work from model to model, even when the coordinate system names are the same.

Using mapkey pause and resume "works" except that it's the same number of mouse picks as doing the command manually.

I am looking for a way to have 1 menu pick (or mapkey) that does:

Measure Distance (Projection Direction) [pick the first csys on the model tree].

2 REPLIES 2

Sorry Matt...we have been trying to get PTC to reduce the number of menu picks in Proto perform tasks since 1989. 🐵

You might have a long road ahead of you.

In Reply to Mathew Palazola:

I almost alwasy want my measure commands to show me x, y, and z (positive or negative) values.

Usually I want the x,y,z values to be relative to the first coordinate system in the active model.

I would really like to find a way to have ProE give me this command without all the back and forth picking on screen.

I've tried mapkeys and it doesn't work from model to model, even when the coordinate system names are the same.

Using mapkey pause and resume "works" except that it's the same number of mouse picks as doing the command manually.

Measure Distance (Projection Direction) [pick the first csys on the model tree].

Hi Matt -

I am able to do this with a mapkey I wrote. The key is that our first CSYS has a common naming convention in our startpart/assembly, so I record the use of the "FIIND"functionality in themiddle ofthe mapkey construction to locate/select the appropriate CSYS in the active model. This method works most of the time, unless I run into a file where someone didn't use our startpart.....

End result is that I select, for example,two points in the model, run the mapkey, and the distance measure results (with x,y,z) are displayed relative tothe main CSYS. You might try this method if you have a similar "naming convention" for you first CSYS.

August

In Reply to Mathew Palazola:

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags