cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Measure

Not applicable

Measure

<ul><li>Amount of measure commands vers. a single more powerful command</li><li>Reuse of measure results</li><li>Initiate Measure from commands which need a length or angle input</li><li>Calculator</li><li>Fly-by measure</li><li>Feedback<br /></li></ul>
2 REPLIES 2
Not applicable
(To:)

1. Simplification/unification of some measure commands would be good. I wouldn't necessarily say compact everything into one, but a smaller list would be less intimidating. 2. Most users I come across do not know there is a way to feed the calculated values into fields. Maybe the ""x"", ""y"", ""z"" buttons are not that intuitive. The new measure to calucator button in measure is great. Maybe something like that from the calculator to dialog field would be great. 3. I think some feedback on measure would be great. Two I can think of are real-time rubberband for point-to-point measurement after the first point is selected. This would be similar to drawing a 2D line behavior. The second would be if a 3D dim can be used while the measure tool is open. This can let the user know if the measurement is point-to-point or if it's in a specific direction. If we get the OK from Canon, we can even use the VDE's. That would definitely help to differenciate between point-to-point distance from a projected distance.
ptc-1859766
1-Newbie
(To:)

I made the same experience. I like the idea to have a rubber band to get direct feedback, so you can navigate via touching the edges, points or faces. Some customers ask for a command to add several lengths of edges without the calculator.
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags