cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Missing view orientations in model

dprobst
1-Newbie

Missing view orientations in model

When I create a new model and then go to change to a different view, Front, Right, Back, etc., all I have available to choose from is Standard Orientation and Default Orientation.

Is there a setting I need to change?

4 REPLIES 4
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:dprobst)

If you've had the correct view orientations in the past, you've probably lost your start part/assy. Either the config option for the default is missing or the start parts have been moved or changed.

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for the information.  One of my students was trying to create a 2D drawing from his model and when he went into select the view type, he only had the two as I stated.  He created his model in a different building that has the software, so I'll need to check it out.

Thanks again.

Dave Probst

dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:dprobst)

Those orientations are just names for saved orientations; they are not integral to the software. Often people will save a set of orientations in the 'start' part or template part. If there isn't one when the user creates a new part or assembly there won't be anything predefined except 'default' and 'standard'

I think a search of view orientation mapkeys will turn up results so that, once the model is oriented to and initial orientation the mapkey will generate all the rest.

It is also possible to set the orientation of components in views based on geometry in the components. There is no need for named orientations. In many cases choosing view orientation based on selecting default datum planes is preferred. Avoid setting orientations based on features such as edges.

Thanks, dschenken,

I appreciate the feedback and will definitely pass the information along.

Dave Probst

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags