cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

New to Pro-E and want to learn it. Where do I begin?

ptc-1220113
1-Newbie

New to Pro-E and want to learn it. Where do I begin?

I've been using other CAD programs for many years and just today we got Pro-E up and running, and I have to learn to use it. I'm pretty good at picking up things from books through self study, but so far I'm completely confused about where on the PTC web site I can find introductory information for those new to the program. Who's got a suggestion?
6 REPLIES 6

Still browsing the PTC web site and can't find any references to any good way to learn the program. Surely there is a good book about three inches thick that I could just buy, isn't there? I really didn't want to be told that we now have to pay a lot of money to go to classes that aren't as helpful as a good book. Does some third party sell learning materials for Pro-E. I still see no evidence that PTC does, but maybe it's just hidden in the site somewhere.

Brian Go to www.cadquest.com. These books are very good. Good Luck

Brian, try this: www.sharptechdesign.com The stuff there is free. And good. Sip

Try using the tutorials that are right in the web browser when ProE starts.

I'm in the same situation at work. I went to www.sharptechdesign.com and started printing off the tutorials and realized it was for 2.0, I'm using 3.0. Is this going to be an issue? Is there a big enough difference between the two that the any tutorial for 2.0 would be useless to a new 3.0 user?

A 2.0 tutorial should do well, except in the area of assembly (which changed dramatically in 2.0 > 3.0)
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags