cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Problem with dxf imported

chourtané
1-Newbie

Problem with dxf imported

Hello ,

I'm a new ptc Créo user. I want to import a dxf file and work on as a sketch. When I import my dxf file , ptc créo tell me this : " You tested too many entities in the draft. When the manager of intentions is active, the treatmentof so much of entities is likely to take much time.You can click on selecting to open under windowand to select the entities to be imported"

but I need everything in my dxf. Do you know a method to avoid this problem? ( I already change my DXF into DWG just for see and same problem !)

Sans titre.png

ps : sorry , my bad english

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Can you break your DXF into several smaller files? Have you tried importing it directly into the part instead of sketcher?  That will create a curve that you can then reference for later features.  I've never had issues with importing large numbers of DXF entities directly into a part file.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Can you break your DXF into several smaller files? Have you tried importing it directly into the part instead of sketcher?  That will create a curve that you can then reference for later features.  I've never had issues with importing large numbers of DXF entities directly into a part file.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

I just import my dxf twice , first by selecting the internal entities , the second selecting external entities and then I can work this sketch . If I import directly the .dxf in .prt , PTC CREO opens a new window so the whole design contained in the DXF but impossible to operate on it.

ok I just find the button to import directly into "part" . A thousand thanks !

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:chourtané)

I agree with Doug. Import your DXF in to the part. you won't have to deal with the intent manager wanting to change DXF geometry and you won't have entity limitations.

ok I just find the button to import directly into "part" . A thousand thanks !

snr
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:chourtané)

I have the same issue sir.

I want to use the dxf file as geometric reference to create a new part file. when i am trying to import the dxf into part file, it scales to higher value. how can i solve this?

thanks in advance.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags