cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Problems with recognising tree.cfg files in Wildfire 3

ptc-1114888
1-Newbie

Problems with recognising tree.cfg files in Wildfire 3

I have set up a tree.cfg file but it is being recoginised by my PC as a Microsoft Office Outlook Configuration File and so isn't being read by Pro/E when I open it. Any ideas on how to sort this would be great.
5 REPLIES 5

Ed, Set the config.pro option mdl_tree_cfg_file (absolute pathname) Pro will read this when it starts. It really has nothing to do with whether or not the .cfg extension is also used by Outlook. Regards

Hi Peter, Thanks for posting. I have given that a try but it still seems to fail. IN the config file I have: mdl_tree_cfg_file c:\user_files\ptc\tree.cfg I get the error message: Could not read from Model Tree config file c:\user_files\ptc\tree.cfg. Thanks again for replying, any more help would be great.

Hmmmm. Mine works fine that way. I had this problem once before. I believe the issue is that you have a configuration option in the config file that is no longer supported in your version of Pro. When we went from WF to WF, one of the options changed or was removed, and since we migrated our config file directly, it caused an issue. I can't remember what it was though! My current tree.cfg file looks like this: !Pro/ENGINEER 2002 cfg file Version No. 1 !Pro/ENGINEER TM Wildfire 2.0 (c) 2004 by Parametric Technology Corporation All Rights Reserved. USED_SKETCH OFF SUPPRESSED ON EXCLUDED ON FEATURES ON MFG_OWNER ON NOTES ON BLANKED ON INCOMPLETE ON If you have any options in addition to these, try editing them out. I think maybe it had something to do with the Sketch features. Regards

My current config file looks like this: !Pro/ENGINEER 2002 cfg file Version No. 1 !Pro/ENGINEER TM Wildfire 3.0 (c) 2006 by Parametric Technology Corporation All Rights Reserved. SUPPRESSED ON EXCLUDED ON FEATURES ON MFG_OWNER ON NOTES ON BLANKED ON INCOMPLETE ON COMPS ON BT_BODY_CONNS ON BT_INCOMING_CONNS OFF BT_BODY_CONTS ON BT_MOTION_AXES ON ENVELOPE OFF COMP_PLACEMENT ON I tried getting reducing it to your suggested text but it still isn't having it. Thanks for all the help.

Ed, That's very puzzling. The only other things which come to mind as possibilities are: a) More than one tree.cfg file, one in c:\user_files\ptc and one in your 'start-in' folder. b) A permissions issue (tree.cfg is read-only). Regards
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags