cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Problems with using Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended with WF5

JamesWittes
1-Newbie

Problems with using Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended with WF5

Pro-Users,

I'm running Acrobat 9 Pro Extended and WF5 on Windows 7 64-bit.

I have not been successful at importing ProE parts into Acrobat. All I get
is a "conversion error" message.

Anyone with helpful experience in this matter, please advise.

Thanks,

--Jim

James Wittes

Matthew James, LLC

Princeton, NJ

609-921-9056

-

5 REPLIES 5

Use the Pro/e SaveACopy type PDF U3D (*.pdf) It does better than Adobe and
the model tree retains the Pro/E part numbers. Adobe tends to drop out parts
and surfaces. I have both and prefer the PTC.

body{font-size:10pt;font-family:arial,sans-serif;background-color:#ffffff;color:black;}p{margin:0px;}That is correct. Acrobat 9 Pro Extended doesn't support WF5.0.

Thanks, Ben, for that link to the Adobe file conversion table. According to my discussion with Adobe tech support, the newest version of Acrobat (Acrobat X Pro) and future versions will no longer support 3D file conversion. I didn’t get 100% clarity on that because the Adobe people seemed to be digging so hard for that info. Too bad, because I thought Adobe hit a homerun with the facility to display 3D models from multiple sources in Adobe Reader, which everybody and their brother uses.

--Jim Wittes

You all might be interested in the article below from
deelip.comanalyzing/criticizing Adobe for jettisoning their support
for the 3D PDF
format (at least from the creation side). The 3D PDF format is an ISO
standard so it can easily be supported by other software vendors, but it's
future is cloudy now that its biggest supporter Adobe has basically washed
their hands of it.

I ran into this issue also, I put a post on the Adobe forum and they stated flay out that WF5 is not supported by 9 extended. My work around consisted of saving the model as neutral data and then creating the PDF from that, but for some reason it seemed to stop reading neutral data from me about a month ago. After that I started to use the iges file format. At the start of the New Year we upgrade to Acrobat X and got the Tetra 4D plug in. I would have to recommend upgrading to Acrobat X with Tetra 4D as it did not take long to recover the cost with not having to fight file formats every time.

Tyler
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags