cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Question about the Designate method in the pfcUICommand class

mwang-2
1-Newbie

Question about the Designate method in the pfcUICommand class

What is the purpose of the MessageFile in the Designate method? And why when I change the xrstring Label in the OTKInstallTest Application, it throws me the pfcXToolkitMsgNotFound exception?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mwang-2 wrote:

What is the purpose of the MessageFile in the Designate method?

Message files allow you to write one OTK application for end-users who speak multiple languages. If you use them effectively, you should be able to send the same DLL to customers who speak a different language simply by creating a new variation of your message file. If you and your end-users all speak the same language, then message files have far less value to you. .

And why when I change the xrstring Label in the OTKInstallTest Application, it throws me the pfcXToolkitMsgNotFound exception?

My guess is that you changed to value to something that isn't an identifier in your message file. If your tool worked, and you wanted to change the UI label, then you should change the displayed value in the message file.

The OTK User Guide has a section called The Text Message File that explains this. For Creo 3.0 M070, that section begins on p. 70 of the user guide PDF file.

|+|  M a r k  |+|

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

mwang-2 wrote:

What is the purpose of the MessageFile in the Designate method?

Message files allow you to write one OTK application for end-users who speak multiple languages. If you use them effectively, you should be able to send the same DLL to customers who speak a different language simply by creating a new variation of your message file. If you and your end-users all speak the same language, then message files have far less value to you. .

And why when I change the xrstring Label in the OTKInstallTest Application, it throws me the pfcXToolkitMsgNotFound exception?

My guess is that you changed to value to something that isn't an identifier in your message file. If your tool worked, and you wanted to change the UI label, then you should change the displayed value in the message file.

The OTK User Guide has a section called The Text Message File that explains this. For Creo 3.0 M070, that section begins on p. 70 of the user guide PDF file.

|+|  M a r k  |+|

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags