cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Simplified Reps and BOM Balloons

wattyinabq
1-Newbie

Simplified Reps and BOM Balloons

Mornin',

I think I already know the answer to this but here goes. I have a large assembly drawing. There needs to be many partial views to show all of the components. This results in very long regeneration times redrawing all the views. So I decided to try using simplified reps that had just the components I need in each partial view. That works great except the BOM balloons from the Master Rep BOM can not be shown on the Simplified Rep views.

Is there a way around this? I saw the discussion Friday about faking geo tags and could not agree more that PTC needs to get the drawing module updated. It is the most aggravating part of Pro/E.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Bill Watkins
Sandia National Labs
Albuquerque, NM
505-845-9666

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Hi Bill,

The way I do it is to have drawing views with all parts and then blank
components by simp rep, this way you just have the master rep bom.

Hope this helps.

Jeff
Top Tags