cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

Sketching a Polar Formula

ptc-3486163
1-Newbie

Sketching a Polar Formula

I know this is probably a very simple task to complete, but I'm used to SolidWorks. So how would I sketch the following polar equation: x(theta) = 105cos(theta) - 17.5cos(3*theta) y(theta) = 105sin(theta) - 17.5sin(3*theta) Thanks a lot.
3 REPLIES 3

You must have a coordinate system defined In WF3 execute a Insert -> Model Datum -> Curve then pick From Equation in the menu -> Done Pick the coordinate system and make it cartesian then Equation in dialog box and type in the following in the editior theta = 360 * t x= 105*cos(theta) - 17.5*cos(3*theta) y= 105*sin(theta) - 17.5*sin(3*theta) I tried this and it works well...

I only have Wildfire. I think its the version before WC 3, and theres no insert and I can't find a curve button. I know I'm being a pain, but do you know how to do it using the old software? Thanks. I'm not sure if it's because I'm using Linux or if it's because my university hasn't switched over yet but I only have the old package.

In Wildfire it's the same picks as Wildfire 3.0 You need to be in a part to create the curve by equation and the part must have a Coordinate System: File>New>Part Insert>Model Datum>Curve>From Equation Use: Insert>Model Datum>Coordinate System before the curve if your part doesn't have a Coordinate System
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags