cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Spherical Corner

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Spherical Corner

I am having difficulty creating native Creo/Proe geometry to match import geometry. The spherical corner in the import data I have seems to be a much better corner than what I'm getting by default with the round transition set to "Corner Sphere". Does anyone have any suggestions on how to model this more accurately (other than simply copying the import geometry)? Pictures and WF5 model are attached. Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:TomU)

That imported corner appears to be a composit of several variable radii. It is not a simple blended radii corner; certainly not spherical.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

The spherical corner seems to be a much better match than a variable round. It's almost like I need a spherical corner with a corner radius that is less than the largest incoming corner radius. Take a look at the attached pictures.

CS_5 and CS_6 show a variable round.

CS_7 shows what I mean about a reduced corner radius. Pro/e will not let me make the corner radius smaller than the largest incoming corner radius (5 in this case)

Tom U.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

I have done these and it gets quite convoluted to obtain the minimal radius.

It actually required 2 blends, a cut, and another blend.

Minimal in this instance means that the planar face remains "square" at the fillet.

The attached image uses as follows:

1; verticalround in the extrusion sketch

2; round on one edge

3; extrude (remove) on perpendicualr edge

4; round equivalent to original extrusion

This uses 2 identical rounds but in your case, you might be able to blend 3 unique roundsin the same way.

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags