cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

User profiles in ProE

love_devil15
1-Newbie

User profiles in ProE

Hi In ProE i always have to change units before I start modelling since it either accepts the default template which is in inches, pound force system and I work in Si units. I would like to know whether there is a way to set the template so that whenever I start proE it always starts up in the units that i want to work with. Thanx
2 REPLIES 2

Hi, Try to follow this: 1) Create a part with all template parameters, configurations and other standard informations; 2) Save this part at known path; 3) Insert in config.pro this line: template_solidpart c:\<known path>\your_part.prt 4) Restart Pro/E and create a part. Note: You can do the same for assembly and drawing, but you must change "solidpart" to "designasm" or "drawing". Please, answer me if it's ok!

hi thanx i will let you know in a day or two. but there are 3 config.pro files which one should I be changing?? ayan
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags