cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Will Creo 3 or future Student Editions provide 3D printer support?

jeasby
1-Newbie

Will Creo 3 or future Student Editions provide 3D printer support?

Will Creo3 or future editions of the Student version provide 3D printer support?

Can this be used with the likes of Up plus and Makerbot printers now found in class rooms?

5 REPLIES 5
RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:jeasby)

It looks like it's already possible since Creo 3.0 M050 I think. Never tested it as we don't have a 3D printer.

Thanks for the info,

I have just tried on Creo and it works.

Again thank you for the help.

Hi Jonathan,

If you have maintenance with PTC, you can get further information via the following article - CS207727 3D Printing options for Creo Parametric 3.0.

If you cannot access the article, here is a snippet of the resolution:

• File > Options > 3D Printing
  • Adding and Removing 3D Printers
    • To connect to an existing Stratasys 3D printer, select Stratasys > type the full address of the printer
      • Type the full address of the printer, including the printer’s IP, the port number, and the printer service name, in the following format: http://<printer IP>:<Port number>/<Service name>
      • For example, in http://132.253.189.138:57001/PrinterService, the IP address of the 3D printer is 132.253.189.138, the port number is 57001, and the service name is PrinterService
    • To define a placeholder printer that enables you to prepare a model for 3D printing, under Type, select User Defined, and type the Length, the Width, and the Height of the tray

Thanks,

Amit

Thanks Amit,

We have just deployed this version of Creo 3 with the intention of supporting our UP printer.

The configuration information is just what i needed and perfectly timed.

Again thank you.

PTC limits the student edition plotting/printing by putting a watermark across the drawings so they cannot be used for commercial use.

PTC allows full 3D printing of models which can be used for production use, depending on the 3D printer and material used.

There seems to be a discrepancy in what PTC is allowing to be done with the STUDENT edition.

If I owned a 3D print shop and I qualified for a student license, why would I buy a full priced seat of Creo for creating my .stl files?

Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags