cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

how to clean the imported sketch?

ptc-1164488
1-Newbie

how to clean the imported sketch?

I want to import a sketch section which was save as IGES format to Pro-E, and use it to build a 3D model by extruding it. The problem is when I try to import the skecth using Date from file from the sketch menu, a dialogue box shows and says you are attempting to import too many entities into Sketcher and the Intent Manager is turned off. I cannot exit the sketch because it is unresolved. I tried to go through every options availabe in the Intent Manager and still cannot get the sketch resolved. More accurately, I have no clue where the problem is with the imported sketch, e.g., discontinuity of the sketch, points shared by more entities... Anyone has good idea to clean the sketch please?
2 REPLIES 2

Re-draw it in Pro-E. Sometimes this is the best option to solve such issues

Hi Hongjun Jiang, Since it is an IGES file, you don't need to redraw it or import it in skecher mode, just import the IGES data directly to your model using Insert>Shared_Data>From_file this way you you don't have to worry of any quantity of entities and intent manager problem.
Announcements
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.

Top Tags