Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

where do we go from here


where do we go from here


We are currently on Creo/Elements (Wildfire 5). It looks like we are going to begin discussions next week about upgrading to either Creo 2 or 3. Other than the obvious learning curve to either, are there any concerns or considerations that we should be aware of to help in our decision on which one to upgrade to? Are there any horror stories people have when they upgraded to either of these and are there any happy stories from upgrading to either of these?

Tim Knier
QG Product & Support Engineering
A Subsidiary of Quad/Graphics
Sussex, Wisconsin
414-566-7439 phone

22-Sapphire I

I recently managed going from WC 9.1 and WF4 to WC 10.2 and Creo 2.0 at a
division of Boeing.

All very smooth. Some ongoing work with settings, mapkeys, etc.
Probably worth re-thinking all of these. There were some issues with
multiple skeletons in the early releases of Creo 2 (< M040).

If you publish (assuming use of Windchill), it's common and seems to be a
good idea to start using the new release (e.g. Creo 2 or 3) for the CAD
worker far ahead of having users on it. Gives some opportunity to see any
publishing issues.

We're on Creo 2.0 M120. It's pretty stable.

Bob Schwerdlin
Sr. Design Engineer
Dukane Corp.
2900 Dukane Dr.
St. Charles, IL 60174 USA
630-679-1941 direct


We are also on M120 and it's been stable in our environment as well

Mike Brattoli
Moen Incorporated
Global Product Development Process Management
Administrator - PLM
President, Northern Ohio PTC User Group
Creo 2.0, Build M120
25300 Al Moen Drive
North Olmsted, OH 44070

Creo2 M130 should be fine.

I might hold off on Creo3, I'm seeing some new issues with family tables, regeneration of assembly subcomponents is not working properly.
I'm thinking I made the move to Creo3 too early.

Walt Weiss

Creo 2.0 m100 here with Windchill-based Intralink 10.0 m030. Working fine. (I hope I haven't just jinxed myself...)

Will upgrade the Intralink soon (v10.2 m020 is the likely candidate at this point) but will keep Creo at 2.0 m100 for a while yet.

May move to Creo 3.0 after reported difficulties subside (perhaps m80 or so?)

Scott Pearson
Senior Designer
CAD System Administrator

[cid:image006.png@01D047A4.FD081B80]S O U T H W E S T R E S E A R C H I N S T I T U T E(r)
Space Science and Engineering Division
Space Systems Directorate
Department of Space Engineering
6220 Culebra Road, San Antonio, TX 78238
Business Continuity with Creo: Learn more about it here.