cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

How to extract Mechanism Items via Pro/TOOLKIT

greatprairie
1-Newbie

How to extract Mechanism Items via Pro/TOOLKIT

Hi All,

In Pro/TOOLKIT User's Guide, there are many APIs relating to Mechanica Items and Geometry. However, for Mechanism, Pro/TOOLKIT users can only create Spring and Damper features. Does anyone has idea to get Mechanism items via Pro/TOOLKIT? For example, the bodys, the connections, the motors, the forces and torques, and the analyses.

Any ides is appreciated.

Thanks,
Hivan

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hivan,
I have not ever interrogated mechanism constraints of an assembly model but here is what I would try first. I do not see any specific Mechanism API's. Therefore; I would extract the feature element tree for the assembly component. Within the tree you can acquire the mechanism data (connections, movement, friction, etc.). Read the API Wizard under User's Guide->Assembling Components->The Element Tree for an Assembly Component. This section is the complete explanation of the assembly component feature tree. Hope this helps.

Patrick Williams | Engineering Systems | Sr. Applications Engineer | Steelcase Inc. | 616.698.4078

[cid:image003.jpg@01CA1B28.5411B990]

Hi Patrick,

As your suggestion, I read section "The Element Tree for an Assembly Component" in chapter "Assembly: Assembling Components". From the element tree of an assembly component, we can get the most mechanism connections: fixed, pin, slider, cylindrical, planar, ball, weld, bearing, general, 6DOF, slot, and user defined type. And also the friction for the motion axis.

However, other mechanism conncetions only appear in Mechanism mode (cam-follower, gear) do not in this element tree. And there is no information for other mechanism items: motors, force, torque, and so on. I need more investigation for these mechanism items.

Anyway, thanks for your kindly help. If I can find any helpful, I will share it here.

Thanks,

Hivan

Top Tags