cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Refit to Extents

bkurth
7-Bedrock

Refit to Extents

I used AutoCAD for many years, and there was the ability to zoom to the extents of the geometry. The refit command in WF4 zooms to 80% of the screen. Is there a way to get the refit command to zoom to extents, keeping the same orientation of the geometry before the refit, thus filling the screen with the geometry?

I have made mapkeys to zoom all, zoom window, zoom previous, etc. Ideally, I would like to make another mapkey that will allow the extents option.

Thanks.

Brian

WF4, XP64

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Brian I agree with you. This is a little quirk that has bugged me for a
while as well. Lived with it but, why not make use of the screen.

Doug
bkurth
7-Bedrock
(To:bkurth)

I have tried playing with the dynamic orient toolbox, and using the arrow keys to change the zoom level, but the zoom increment of 1 has a different affect oneach part. It would seem to methat the program "knows" the extents, because a refit places the geometry at 80% of the screen.

I would even settle forbeingable to permanently change the 80% to 90%, for instance. Is that an option?

Brian

In Reply to Doug Pogatetz:

Brian I agree with you. This is a little quirk that has bugged me for a
while as well. Lived with it but, why not make use of the screen.

Doug
Top Tags