cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

crane book model in swept blend

ptc-2092024
1-Newbie

crane book model in swept blend

Hi friends., I am trying to design a crane hook using swept blend in pro/e wf2. I am difficulty in completing that model. the model consist of a) circular section, b) section with 7 entities (elliptical cross section with taper on both sides) and c) tip of the crane (i used a point for this) But, i am not successfully design the part. can any one help me with the crane model or tutorial to design that. regards., sekar
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

sekar, With a little more detail, perhaps we could be a little more helpful. Meantime, three comments: (1)Except for the point at the end, all sections need to have the same number of entities for the blend to work, so the circular section needs to be divided into seven arcs to match the seven pieces of the other section. (2) If appropriate, you might consider dividing the shape into more than one portion. Trying to force it all into one Swept Blend may create more trouble than it's worth. If you do divide things up, you can force tangency between portions using various methods. (3) Consider using Surfaces first to create your geometry, before finally using Solidify; generally, this affords much more flexibility. David

Just like David mentioned. Ensure the segments in the section match and also the direction to get a good surface. For the tip of the hook you have an option of having sharp or smooth (swept blend option). In general try to keep less number of segments in the section to have better control of the geometry.. Keep trying.. Chander

Hi Balachander and David., Thanks for your suggestions. I tried it again and able to finish it off. Thanks for the guideline give by both of you. regards., sekar.r
Top Tags