cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Graphics problem or redraw problem

ptc-2800925
1-Newbie

Graphics problem or redraw problem

Hi, I just installed the personal addition of CoCreate on my Vista Laptop. It seems to work, but when I start to add a line, the drawing area blanks out (shows blue background) and seems to flash as I move the cursor. As I move the cursor over elements of the drawing, they will become highligted and then disappear as I continue to move the cursor. If I select "Fit" from the tool bar, it restores the image. Is there any setting I can change to fix this problem? Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

I fixed the problem by setting the Windows Enviroment variable "SDPIELFORMAT" to "SOFTWARE".

Which graphics hardware is installed in the laptop? (So far, most systems which were affected by this issue were using integrated graphics chipsets.) Thanks! Claus

Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family PCI bus 0, device 2, function 0 Intel Corporation Its a laptop, so I'm sure that it is using the built-in chip set.

"Darrell Davis" wrote:

Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family

Hi, I'm facing the same problem too, but I have no idea how to set the windows environment variable. Are there any other ways to work around this problem? Thanks.

The Intel chipsets are very basic, and do not support OpenGL. So, you have two options.

1. Set the environment variable SDPIXELFORMAT=SOFTWARE

(Setting this tells your computer to not use the hardware graphics acceleration when running CoCreate Modeling Personal Edition)

2. Get a computer with a graphics card that does support OpenGL

• To view or change environment variables:
  1. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
  2. Click the Advanced tab.
  3. Click Environment variables.
  4. Click one the following options, for either a user or a system variable:
    • Click New to add a new variable name and value.
    • Click an existing variable, and then click Edit to change its name or value.
    • Click an existing variable, and then click Delete to remove it.

Top Tags