cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Google e-mail and mail extension: set up and troubleshooting

No ratings

This document is a general reference/help with configuring and troubleshooting google email account with the ThingWorx mail extension.

To start with the configuration:

SMTP: smtp.gmail.com 587, TLS checked.  If SSL is being used, the port should be 465.

POP3: pop.gmail.com 995

To test, go to "Services" and click on "test" for the SendMessage service. Successful request will show an empty screen with green "result" at the top.

Possible errors:

• Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.gmail.com, port: 587 with nothing else in the logs.

Check your Internet connection to ensure it's not being blocked.

• <hostname:port>/Thingworx/Common/locales/en-US/translation-login.json 404 (Not Found)

Check your gmail folders for incoming messages regarding a sign-in from unknown device. The subject will be "Someone has your password", and the email  content will include the device, location, and timestamp of when the incident occurred. Ensure to check the "this was me" option to prevent from further blocking. This may or may not be sufficient, sometimes this leads to another error -

• "Please log in via your web browser and 534-5.7.14 then try again. 534-5.7.14 Learn more at 534 5.7.14..."

The error can be resolved by:

1. Turning off “less secure”  feature in your Gmail settings. You have to be logged in to your gmail account to follow the link: https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps
    2. Changing your gmail password afterwards. I don't have a valid explanation as to why, but this is a required step, and the error doesn't clear without changing the password.
Comments

Polina Osipova​, I'm trying to utilise a password change​​ feature, however, I am experiencing the same issue which you described above. The following errors appear in my browser's log console.

1. i18next::backendConnector: loading namespace translation-login for language en-GB failed failed loading /Thingworx/Common/locales/en-GB/translation-login.json
  2. GET <hostname:port>/Thingworx/Common/locales/en-GB/translation-login.json 404 ()

Authentication seems not to be a problem. I am getting these messages in the app log:

1. User [SomeUser] is a member of [SomeCompany] and has confirmed their personal information - sending reset email
  2. Reset Password clicked for [OrgName: SomeCompany]

Additionally, I can send and receive messages via associated mail server thing no problem. I'd be grateful for your help.

Version history
Last update:
‎Dec 16, 2016 02:42 PM
Updated by:
Labels (2)