cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

3D graph of element excitment in and array

GC1
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

3D graph of element excitment in and array

Hello

I am a new Mathcad user(ver 14) and I am trying to plot the energy level of each element in a 320 x 256 element array. The input file is in the form of x and y location and level for each element, essentially a 3 column matrix with 80,000+ rows.

I can't figure out how to create this plot. In my mind, I see it as an image in the XY plane with the element intensities varying in the z axis. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Greg
34 REPLIES 34

On 11/11/2009 1:30:42 AM, Tom_Gutman wrote:
>It's all in my cubic splines
>work sheet.
>__________________
>� � � � Tom Gutman

Your spline sheet was several pages long vs Valery several lines long. Your spline do nothing that the tool box does not. If you have something for the collab, just put it in work sheet. I gave the collab all what he wanted unless he has more specific questions, most probably about image processing, but that will be an entire different suite that he can process himself using Improc.

jmG

... as it looks you have a collection of pixel values, *.RAW or *.BIN would even be more traceable. Is the data collection really raw from sensors ? It does not appear so to me. Or is there some data smoothing applied past the sensors and in between test(2) data ? As it looks also, you can improve the details of the image by using equipment of higher resolution, visit "Dalsa". Cheap $ 200 [�] have several times the human eye resolution (commonly 4 times at that $).

jmG

... whereas you are the only one to correct the collection, it might be wise for further help in your project, you conserve the "Select", which "Select" is pertaining enough to your project on the design board.

jmG

This size is the conserved and meaningful part of the image. A manageable size, yet expected to increase as the project. The exploder is maintained for you to save in your tool box.

jmG

... patch & contour plot added.
A lot more can be done w/o the extension pack.
Do you have Improc ?

jmG
Top Tags