cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Change text color on several different regions

JEREMYKUHN
1-Newbie

Change text color on several different regions

is there any way to select multiple text regions and change the color on all of them?

thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

sorry - i wasnt clear...i want to change the color of the text from black to blue...not the color of the region.

On 9/25/2009 2:54:33 PM, jdkuhndog wrote:
== sorry - i wasnt clear...i want to change the color of the text from black to blue...not the color of the region.

No. (or at least not within Mathcad; I'm sure there are ways of doing it, but nothing that doesn't involve some third party tool or a bit of development)

This is a long standing request.

However, you can make life a little easier by defining Text Styles.

Choose Format/Style from the main menu, then New from the resulting dialog box; this brings up another dialog box. Type a name for the new style then click Font. Choose the colour you want in the next dialog box, then click 'OK' until you've closed all of the dialogs.

Click on a text region. In the format toolbar, you should see 'Normal' (in a drop-down list box). Click the drop-down symbol and then choose your new style from the list. It may ask you if you want to reset all formatting based on the new style; if so, the usual answer is No, as you may have deliberately set some feature, such as bold or font, that you want to leave alone. If you click Yes, then it will change all text to the new style.

Stuart

thanks for the help!

On 9/25/2009 2:54:33 PM, jdkuhndog wrote:
>... I want to change the color of
>the text from black to blue...
>not the color of the region.

Then, don't use a 4" wide brush, neither the other reply. Brush over all the text (all the lines), click right click Font. That will change the all text but the math region(s) in the text. Up to 11 version, if you change the text style after a text box has been constructed and it contains math regions, the format style will stop at the first region, leaving the remaining of the text unchanged. This way is + convenient, good tutorials need some highlight, i.e: come back in the text... bold, red, blue, font ...etc.

jmG

On 9/25/2009 4:00:25 PM, jmG wrote:
Then, don't use a 4" wide brush, neither the other reply. Brush over all the text (all the lines), click right click Font. That will change the all text but the math region(s) in the text. Up to 11 version, if you change the text style after a text box has been constructed and it contains math regions, the format style will stop at the first region, leaving the remaining of the text unchanged. This way is + convenient, good tutorials need some highlight, i.e: come back in the text... bold, red, blue, font ...etc.

The request was for changing the text in multiple regions. Your method doesn't work in that case.

The simplest way to select all of the text in a single region is to click in it and press ctl-a.

In M11, applying a style brings up the 'reset all formatting' dialog. Pressing No limits the application of the style up to a Math region provided no other changes have occurred. However, if the rest of the text has had some other style applied, then pressing No cause the new style to apply to all of the text. Pressing Yes in the limit dialog will cause the whole of the text to change style regardless of the presence of a math region.
Top Tags