cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Gas pressure drop in pipeline

ptc-2777316
1-Newbie

Gas pressure drop in pipeline

Ok, This may seem trivial to some of you out there. I am an electrical engineer trying to come to terms with some basic gas equations. I am trying to generate a Mathcad work sheet to use the generally accepted Panhandle 'A' and 'B' formula to determine the expected pressure drop down a 2" gas line. I can generate the formula and the variables, but I am having problems with the constants, especially as they are decimal quantities. Can anyone help or is there a mathcad app that can help out here. Kind regards
3 REPLIES 3
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ptc-2777316)

That description is not enough to be able to say what you are doing wrong. You need to post the worksheet. You can post it here, but this forum has ridiculously small upload limits. If you post it here save it in compressed (.xmcdz) format first. Better, go to this forum (the old Mathsoft "Collaboratory"): http://collab.mathsoft.com/~mathcad2000 and post it there. This forum is a backwater in the Mathcad world. The Collaboratory is the main forum. Richard

Richard, I have compressed the file and uploaded. You can see that the calculated results are similar for all cases. I addition I have benchmarked the results against an online calculator and all apears to be ok. My problem is with getting the software to define the units. I can only get the equations to work if I use unitless variables Kind regards Paul. Ps. I'll have a loot at the alternative forum
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ptc-2777316)

"Paul Hunter" wrote:

Richard, I have compressed the file and uploaded. You can see that the calculated results are similar for all cases. I addition I have benchmarked the results against an online calculator and all apears to be ok. My problem is with getting the software to define the units. I can only get the equations to work if I use unitless variables

Top Tags