cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

How do I do to draw a box or a rectangular section pipe of length l?

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

How do I do to draw a box or a rectangular section pipe of length l?

Hello everyone!
I would like to draw the attached graph in 3D with Mathcad 15. It seems to me that this problem has already been addressed in the community but I cannot find it. In fact, it is a rather arduous job although from the geometric point of view it is a question of tracing flat surfaces orthogonal two by two. To do this, I downloaded and installed "images14.exe" and also the list of the functions contained, but I don't know how to use it. How can I avoid using these functions? Could anyone help me? I thank him infinitely.

Pipe & box.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you just need a single box with one corner at the origin, the routine in the above mentioned thread simplifies to

Werner_E_0-1636922408106.png

One drawback is if you need transparency. If you do, you should turn off plotting the wireframe as otherwise some nasty extra lines become visible (thats the result of Mathcad 15's 3D plot not accepting NaN's).

Werner_E_1-1636922521303.png

If you need to have transparency AND wireframe, one option could be to write a second function for the wireframe only and combine the two plots.

Werner_E_2-1636923878277.png

MC15 sheet attached

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

One symple way

Box1.png

Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:-MFra-)

If you just need a single box with one corner at the origin, the routine in the above mentioned thread simplifies to

Werner_E_0-1636922408106.png

One drawback is if you need transparency. If you do, you should turn off plotting the wireframe as otherwise some nasty extra lines become visible (thats the result of Mathcad 15's 3D plot not accepting NaN's).

Werner_E_1-1636922521303.png

If you need to have transparency AND wireframe, one option could be to write a second function for the wireframe only and combine the two plots.

Werner_E_2-1636923878277.png

MC15 sheet attached

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:-MFra-)

@-MFra- wrote:

Hello everyone!
I would like to draw the attached graph in 3D with Mathcad 15. It seems to me that this problem has already been addressed in the community but I cannot find it. In fact, it is a rather arduous job although from the geometric point of view it is a question of tracing flat surfaces orthogonal two by two. To do this, I downloaded and installed "images14.exe" and also the list of the functions contained, but I don't know how to use it. How can I avoid using these functions? Could anyone help me? I thank him infinitely.

You might also like to look at https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad/How-to-plot-a-3D-vector-as-an-array-attempts-and-problems/m-p/288421

Stuart

Top Tags