cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Integration between MathCad and Inventor

salchow27
1-Newbie

Integration between MathCad and Inventor

Is there any functions in MathCad or Autodesk Inventor that can integrate them with each other?
I expect that Inventor can automatically generate the drawings with the dimensions relevant to the calculation result in MathCAD.
8 REPLIES 8

Visit this page on the PTC website, http://www.ptc.com/community/free-downloads.htm and scroll down to Mathcad Downloads. You'll see a Mathcad/Autodesk Inventor integration. Our services group developed it.

Mona

I downloaded the file but couldn't install it because the Installing Guide file included is wrong. Pls see the attched error message in Windows

Carla,

Did you read the Word file on how to install it? It only works on an XP computer. Make sure you have the right version of .NET.

I don't have Inventor so can't do a full test.

The free downloads of integrations were developed by our services group, not the development team, so are not fully supported.

Please try the install again following the instructions in the Word file, and if you still have problems, I will report them to the services group.

Mona

Thanks for reply. In the attached 'Inventor � Mathcad User Guide' file, if you look at the 'How to Install' section, 'b'step is blank.

If I followed the installation steps, warning messages mentioned in my previous message pop up... My system is Win Xp 32-bit. Please advise...

Carla,

I just looked at your error message more carefully, which you should do too.

You put a > in front of the directory listing, which the error message is saying is not a command.

The line should say:
C:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322

as it does in the documentation.

Then type in the command prompt line:

regasm /codebase C:\mystuff\bin\ MathcadInvAddIn.dll

Also the step b. in the Installation Guide is not missing, it's just a typo on a blank line.

Mona
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:mzeftel)

On 11/19/2009 2:11:05 PM, MonaZ wrote:
>Carla,
>
>I just looked at your error
>message more carefully, which
>you should do too.
>
>You put a > in front of the
>directory listing, which the
>error message is saying is not
>a command.

I didn't even bother to look at this, but that is not correct. That's just part of the prompt.

>The line should say:
>C:\windows\microsoft.net\frame
>work\v1.1.4322

No. It needs to say

cd \windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322

then the regasm command will work.

Richard

I tried again but still couldn't integrate the Mathcad into Inventor.

The software version I used is :

Inventor 2008,
Mathcad 13,

What I did is:
1. save the MathcadInvAddIn.dll file to the following folder - C:\mystuff\bin\ MathcadInvAddIn.dll

2. typed regasm /codebase C:\mystuff\bin\ MathcadInvAddIn.dll

Then the error message is showed, please see the attached 'error'file.Is it because the version of the software? or any requirements for the operation system?

There are another 3 files in the 'bin' folder downloaded from PTC as showed in the attached 'Download files'. What is these files used for? Do I need to use 'regasm' command for them?

Could anyone advise?

Do you try to registre under other net framework version? Last it's 3.5.

Regards. Alvaro.
Top Tags