cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Operating Turbocad Professional Version 15

beaver
1-Newbie

Operating Turbocad Professional Version 15

Hi,
I would appreciate advice, is it possible to place and operate in the 'Data Import Wizard' in Mathcad14.0 issue,the Turbocad Professional Version 15 program? If it is possible the tutorial for it.Thanks!

Beaver
9 REPLIES 9
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:beaver)

You want to import a Turbocad file? No, that is not possible. Or any other 3D CAD format, for that matter. There are some worksheets posted here:

http://collab.mathsoft.com/read?124364,7e#124364

that can do some basic DXF import, but that's all that's available.

Richard

Thanks Richard for your answer to my query.Shame that Mathcad does not allow the other CAD systems to be part it. Louis
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Do you have Mathcad? It's not a CAD system in the sense of parametric modeling, or even 2D drawing. What would you do with a 3D model if you could import it into Mathcad?

Richard
IRstuff
3-Visitor

On 9/15/2009 7:37:33 AM, beaver wrote:
>Thanks Richard for your answer
>to my query.Shame that Mathcad
>does not allow the other CAD
>systems to be part it. Louis

You can use Mathcad to parametrically vary drawing parameters in Smartsketch, Visio, and Autocad, I think, with the appropriate addon.

TTFN,
Eden

On 9/15/2009 7:37:33 AM, beaver wrote:
>Thanks Richard for your answer
>to my query.Shame that Mathcad
>does not allow the other CAD
>systems to be part it. Louis

Actually Mathcad 11 - 13 works with Smartsketch. I have also been able to import AutoCad drawings into Mathcad 13 (never tried it with the others.) Its been several years since I had to do it, so I forgot exactly how its done.

Hi,I was not wanting to use the Turbocad programs' 3D part but same 2D type of layout that is provided by SmartSketch. When I bring up the Component wizard it lists for an example -matlab-excel etc. Why not able to introduce the 2D side of Turbocad. You have shown me Mathcad program will only allow SmartSketch.Thanks for all of your attention to my query. Louis
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

On 9/16/2009 7:41:03 AM, beaver wrote:
> When I bring up
>the Component wizard it lists
>for an example -matlab-excel
>etc. Why not able to introduce
>the 2D side of Turbocad. You
>have shown me Mathcad program
>will only allow
>SmartSketch.

You asked about the Data Import Wizard in your first post, which implies you want to read in the CAD file. Now you are talking about using Turbocad as a component, as you can SmartSketch, which is a completely different thing. You can also interface Mathcad to Autocad, although you need to do a lot of your own programming in Autocad to make it work in a useful way. I don't know if you could do something similar with Turbocad. It depends on whether Turbocad has an automation interface that you could access from Mathcad.

Richard

Richard I followed your suggestion and contacted imsisupport and received the following answer,copy below, just in case anyone checking Mathcad Usage Chat on the same subject. They said >>
Ticket ID: 18904-7720090703

Last Post:
----------------------------------
I�ve discussed this with TurboCAD developers and they said that there was no an interface or wizard you described that allows to insert a TurboCAD component into MathCAD. However, there is an SDK that allows users to write and insert such component manually. Unfortunately we don�t have a written instruction or a guide to it to send you.<<

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

I think a SDK without any guide or instructions is not a lot of use to anyone!

Richard
Announcements

Top Tags