cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Pasting JPEG files corrupts worksheet

njones-disabled
1-Newbie

Pasting JPEG files corrupts worksheet

Hi. This is my first post, but I've got a bit of a problem, and I wonder if anyone else has encountered the same situation. I have a basic image showing some dimensions for a project I'm working on saved as a JPEG file. Since I can't seem to paste it directly into the Mathcad sheet, I opened it in Paint, selected the part of image I wanted and pasted it into the sheet. It shows up just fine, and I can resize it, move it around, and it all seems happy.

The problem occurs when I save the file and reopen it. The images are gone and the sheet is "glitchy" (for instance, hitting Page Down moves half of the sheet but not the other half). The image regions are still there, but there is nothing in them. I ended up removing the regions and then reopening the file, and that cleared up the problem.

I'd like to get the images into my sheet without ruining it. Any suggestions?
4 REPLIES 4

Just wrongdoing: *.jpg is for family photos, not for for sharp lines like in drawings. Plug your very original image in Paint, select/copy, paste in WinGrab, decrease color 256 octree, paste in Mathcad for an impeccable image.

jmG

I paste a lot of things into Mathcad. PDF files are one major source--they paste in but calculation and save work v e r y slowly!

What seems to work for me is to paste whatever into Powerpoint (Powerpoint is very capable at accepting images from wherever,) and then copying that pasted image from Powerpoint and paste special as picture.

Still, too many images will trash a file.

Fred Kohlhepp
fkohlhepp@sikorsky.com

I paste JPGs from Paint and Photoshop into Mathcad all the time. The trick is to use Paste Special > device-independent bitmap, not just Paste.

If the image is really large, you can reduce the size of it in the Mathcad file, by first saving it in Paint at 256 colors rather than at high resolution. It depends on the image, if that will work for you.

Also crop it as closely as possible to the actual image, so you are not pasting in white space.

Mona
PhilipOakley
5-Regular Member
(To:mzeftel)

Also some video drivers & chips can cause problems
with large images which cross the window boundary.

ALL the PC's at my company have difficulty scrolling
3d graphics past the edge of the window.

Philip Oakley
Announcements

Top Tags