cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Pipeweights

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Pipeweights

I have written a program which calculates the weight of a pipeline for certain conditions.

In the top half of the sheet I have used a Mathcad matrix as an input deck and the program yields the correct results.

In the lower half of the sheet I am trying to use Excel as the user input, so an unlimited number of pipelines with varying outside diameters and wall thicknesses ect. can be analysed.

Is there a way of removing the zero�s which have been extracted from the Excel component which changing the output range in the component.

Any other improvements are welcome.

Regards

Mike
5 REPLIES 5

Nested construct are interesting but you may have to deal with, as it seems you want. Yellow can strip and select both: Excel and the other one. It could be generalised and/or adapted. Not so easy with mixed configuration Mathcad/Excel. What is Excel doing in a Mathcad work sheet ?

jmG

... above Marlett, a more functional double nest exploder.

jmG
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-1368288)

That�s for the reply both of the examples work great.

The reason I was looking at using an excel component as the input deck was due to the improved ascetics when using a table in Excel.

In both of the cases that you have provided i & j have to be defined by the user, can this be incorporated into the program so that it is done automatically.

Regards

Mike

jmG I have sorted the problem with your initial help.

Now the excel component can have upto 9 inputs and the output will change accordingly.

Regards

Mike

On 8/23/2009 2:50:34 PM, Armo wrote:
>jmG I have sorted the problem
>with your initial help.
>
>Now the excel component can
>have upto 9 inputs and the
>output will change
>accordingly.
>
>