cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Region Missalignment

Ross1eng
1-Newbie

Region Missalignment

A co-worker and myself use math cad on almost a daily basis. We are both running version 14 but have had some issues. When I save a file and everything is lined up nice, he will open it and the regions will have been moved. Some of them move in different ways. For example, the text regions in pages other than the title page will move slightly to the right causing them to be on the workspace of the page next to it. On the title page some of the text regions will move up or down causing some of them to overlap. We have been unable to figure out where the problem is coming in and its very annoying. Does anyone know how to fix this? Is this a Math CAD problem or difference in computers? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
6 REPLIES 6

Possibly a Windows setting issue. Mathcad has never properly handled the different font size options (display properties, setting/advanced tab, large fonts option (using other than the default 96DPI). I use the large fonts option (125% size, 120DPI) and find that many text regions are just a smidgin to narrow, resulting in bad folding of text.

Same problem with versions: 8, 2001i, 11.2a
When aligning, it aligns by the region anchor point ... that's one thing and it never did change from re-opening. The other thing is that when aligning graphs for instance you can't often align them exactly, but if you select [Shift + clickclickclickclick ... regions] they will align nicely on � pica, but this is on the screen only and not saved by Widows. Font size/type and other things also reflect on alignment.

jmG

Your problem is most likely what Tom said, one of you is using large fonts, and the other is using normal fonts. Go to the Display setting, and make sure you both are using the same settings for font size. Unfortunately we do not handle this well in our current versions.

Mona

Mona,

The Mathcad/Maple users may be interested having PolyLog(n,x) as a working function. The work sheet here is the tool that you can put in the newsletter, though there aren't that many for quite a while ?

http://collab.mathsoft.com/~Mathcad2000/read?128913,11

Jean

On 9/25/2009 10:19:51 AM, MonaZ wrote:
>Your problem is most likely
>what Tom said, one of you is
>using large fonts, and the
>other is using normal fonts.
>Go to the Display setting, and
>make sure you both are using
>the same settings for font
>size. Unfortunately we do not
>handle this well in our
>current versions.
>
>Mona

This is an old ergonomic request. What is "user styles ...+++", Mathcad does not instruct Windows to save. For instance, User1, 2, 3, 4 variables aren't saved as such. They are saved in the Mathcad default style "Arial". It couldn't be saved otherwise to the default TNR or the copied/pasted regions wouldn't work anymore. This is the reason why the "Mathcad power users" don't (or almost not) use more than one variable user ... just useful in long work sheets and with parsimony.

Jean

You might also look at what ZOOM factor you are using. When I switch from 100% to anything else, quite often the regions no longer appear to fit on the page, or text actually re-wraps and takes up a different number of lines. So if you and your co-worker use different factors, that could be the culprit.

This has been a bug for quite awhile.

Preston
Top Tags