cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Table to Vector or Matrix

ELSID
4-Participant

Table to Vector or Matrix

I have a worksheet that I did by grabbing the data and assumed no units (I kept track of units at the end). Question has come up if I can integrate the units into the matrix. Attached is a subset of what I have done. Your assistance in cleaning this up is much appreciated. I am looking for a better way of doing this
6 REPLIES 6

You can't have mixed units in an array. Mathcad only allows a single unit to be attached to an entire array. But you can use the column select operator to extract the columns of the data, and you can attach units at that point.
(To:TomGutman)

Thank you Tom.

I remember that there was no way of mixing units in the array. How would you handle the second part ... where I take a weighted average?
PS, my original sheet works, I'm trying to clean up the MathCAD structure (if possible).

The actual weighted average calculations work fine with units. To combine values with disparate units into a single table you have to divide each value by the units you want inthe table.
(To:TomGutman)

So what am I doing wrong with my weighted average. (Trying to convert data from array to "vector" with units
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ELSID)

You have defined VDI.f as a 4 element vector. You then redefine VDI.f as a 2x2 matrix. Then you attempt to get the second element of VDI.f using VDI.f[2. You can't do that though, because VDI.f is no longer a vector.

Richard
ELSID
4-Participant
(To:RichardJ)

Realized this immediately after sending the request and staring at it for 10 minutes.

Is there a simplified way of doing weighted averages from an array or matrices?

Is there a way of compressing "blank space" (kind of like separate regions expands space?
Top Tags