cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Up grading computer from XP-pro to Window 7

wnaugler
1-Newbie

Up grading computer from XP-pro to Window 7

I have replaced my XP-Pro Sony laptop with a Windows 7 Toshiba Satellite. I have tried to re-install MathCad 13 on the Toshiba. It installs, and the Icon appears on the desk top, but nothing happens when I click on it. Windows 7 allows the use of XP-pro software, but MathCad will still not run. If I up-grade to MathCad 14 which is designed for Vista will it run on the Windows 7 OS?
1 REPLY 1

I have the same problem with Mathcad 14. Have been using Mathcad 14 on a Sony desktop and a Toshiba laptop. Upgraded my laptop to a Dell with Windows 7 and have not found a way to install Mathcad 14. Want to also replace my desktop with a new Windows 7 desktop. Windows 7 support page has a instructions to use a "Troubleshooter" function found in the control panel when you run the install.exe or setup.exe from the install disk. This has not worked for me. If someone is successful at installing Mathcad 14 on a Windows 7 computer please contact me at hemmi@directlink.net.
Top Tags