cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

problem installing Mathcad 14 M020

alainstgt
1-Newbie

problem installing Mathcad 14 M020

windows XP Professional, SP3, 32 bit
I have tried to install Mathcad 14 M020 besides Mathcad version 2001i .
Unfortunately I didn�t get the form to enter name, serial number and so on. After having entered the path where to install Mathcad, the install program installed Mathcad without prompting for any other information.
I can find the files on the hard disk, but Mathcad is neither registered nor Mathcad.exe is working.
After having read the necessary procedure to recover the old version after having deleted a newer version, I prefer to be prudent and to post here which is the procedure to follow now. Desinstalling Mathcad 14 and reinstalling?

I have got version M020, actual version ist M030, how can I upgrade?

I have got the german version, but would prefer to use the english version. How should I proceed?

Thanks for your help.
Alain
9 REPLIES 9
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:alainstgt)

On 9/20/2009 7:41:41 PM, alainstgt wrote:
>windows XP Professional, SP3,
>32 bit
>I have tried to install
>Mathcad 14 M020 besides
>Mathcad version 2001i .

That's not necessarily a good idea. Only the versions 11 and later are supposed to be able to installed concurrently on the same PC. I don't think that's the source of the problem, but one or both of the Mathcad versions may not run correctly.

>I have got version M020,
>actual version ist M030, how
>can I upgrade?

Do you have a single user license or an Enterprise license? M030 is Enterprise only. If you have a single user license install M020, and throw M030 in the trash.

Richard

Hello Richard

I have some info that M14, even if not officialy tested by PTC, is also working fine with version 2001i.
Anyway, this is not the source of the problem.
Yes I have a single user licence.

But I still don�t know what to do!
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

On 9/21/2009 7:27:34 PM, alainstgt wrote

>But I still don�t know what to
>do!

Are you trying to install M030 or M020? If you are trying to install M030, don't. Install M020.

Richard

I am trying to install M020, Richard
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

OK. Your post mentioned M020 and M030, so I was a little confused.

Have you checked that all the prerequisites are installed OK?

Richard

If you just purchased Mathcad 14 m020, you can contact technical support for assistance at http://www.ptc.com/support/mathcad_contacts.htm.

You should have received an email with the licence file, which you need. Make sure you have that.

Mona

to Mona:
I got 4 Mails from PTC, but no one with a licence number. One is containing a reference number needed for the bank transfer, another one an order number, but both are not in my opinion a licence number, at least they are not declared so.

to Richard:
I have not found the software "Microsoft Data Access Component" listed under the installed software on my computer. The installation description (german version) is saying, that this component should be installed automatically if not already installed!

Alain
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

On 9/23/2009 7:17:24 PM, alainstgt wrote:

>to Richard:
>I have not found the software
>"Microsoft Data Access
>Component" listed under the
>installed software on my
>computer. The installation
>description (german version)
>is saying, that this component
>should be installed
>automatically if not already
>installed!

I have noticed that in the past as well, and I don't think it's the problem. I think Mona is correct, and the problem has to do with PTCs licensing.

Richard

Alain,

Look at the email with the order number. It might have the license number in it.

Do call one of the numbers for support. They prefer to be contacted by phone, rather than by email. They can help you get straightened out with your installation.

Mona
Top Tags