cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Limiting distance in advanced design.

Ertan_Akbayir
9-Granite

Limiting distance in advanced design.

EA_10295611_0-1655381064939.png

When we work machine elements like cylinder and piston. We need limiting the distance of two bodies. 

Is there a way to limiting the distance in adv. design?

8 REPLIES 8

One possibility may be to create an variable expression to set a maximum distance.

I have no idea how to write a variable expression. Do you have a sample solution like this? There is not any sample in the help menu. 

Attached is the doc for writing expressions on Elements Direct Modeling and an example expression using IF ELSE

Thank you very much for this superior sample. It looks great. I need to study too much in this topic.

I need help limiting piston stroke between 0-40mm. File is attached. I tried to much from the help menu but I could not get it properly. 

Thank you very much

Ertan_Akbayir_0-1656758608817.png

I am not sure about the specifics of the case you presented so the modification I made are more intended to show the use of the IF THEN ELSE & Variable Check in Advanced Assembly.  Variable A is the distance the piston moves.  Vchk1 check to see if A is within the range of 0 to 40 otherwise it generates an error.

Thank you for attention but I just want to limit the stroke when I use position command. 

Sample video is below. NX has solved this years ago nicely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=
QJ60SHLgNyI

SavaS
6-Contributor
(To:Ertan_Akbayir)

You can try something: When using "Position" in Adv Assembly there must be a check box for "Stop at clash" and a check box called "Physical". Try to tick one of them (and maybe "Update Relations") and see what happens.

Top Tags