Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Prints in ProDesktop

Blue Prints in ProDesktop

I have just started using ProDesktop 2000i2 and was wondering is it possible to use blue prints in it, if it is could you tell me the steps to go through as I have only just getting start and would like to make a E30 M3 using a blue print but I need help. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

RE: Blue Prints in ProDesktop

Hi Sam, I will need a little more information. Are you looking at creating drawings in Pro/DESKTOP? this is certainly possible, based on a 3D model you create. I am not sure what you mean by 'use blue prints in it'. Blue Prints are typically the hard drawing that was created on vellum and transfered to paper media. The transfer process generated the blue effect and thus the name blue print. Can you please provide more details? Mark
Highlighted

"Mark S. Fischer" wrote:

Hi Sam, I will need a little more information. Are you looking at creating drawings in Pro/DESKTOP? this is certainly possible, based on a 3D model you create. I am not sure what you mean by 'use blue prints in it'. Blue Prints are typically the hard drawing that was created on vellum and transfered to paper media. The transfer process generated the blue effect and thus the name blue print. Can you please provide more details? Mark

Highlighted

You can import sketch geometry into Pro/DESKTOP and have it imported onto a specified sketch/workplane. But you can't import an image file (i.e. bitmap/jpeg etc.) into Pro/DESKTOP. you can do this in Pro/ENGINEER Schools Advanced Edition. MJB
Announcements
Welcome to PTC Academic!