cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Greater Houston PTC User Group

gbaxter
1-Newbie

Greater Houston PTC User Group

Hi everyone, my name is Geoffrey Baxter. I'm a 12-year PTC veteran and resident of the greater Houston metro area. I, along with Tim Cooper, will be leading the Greater Houston PTC User Group. We would like to get the group up and running again on whatever scale we can, and we will be reaching out to you soon to get your opinions on how we can best do this. In the meantime, I'd like to introduce myself and give you all the opportunity to do the same.

I began using PTC products in 2004 as a mechanical design intern at a small company in Provo, UT, beginning with Pro/E Wildfire 2. I was transferred to a sister company a few months later, and after a pair of acquisitions, I became a National Oilwell Varco employee, working for NOV IntelliServ, an oil/gas drilling technology company. During my time at IntelliServ, I graduated from BYU with a BSME.

A little over a year after I graduated, I had the opportunity to transfer do a different division of NOV to work on oil/gas drill bits. I worked for NOV downhole until just last month doing Creo automation using Sigmaxim SmartAssembly and Creo/PDMLink administration and training. I am now a partner at my own consulting firm, BAXSAA Consulting.

Some of the highlights of my time thus far using PTC products include presenting at PTC Live Global 2014 and learning advanced surfacing at Design Engine in Chicago. I hope to continue using SmartAssembly to help other companies get the most out of Creo Parametric.

In my spare time, I like to play/watch soccer, snowboard, and write books. Well, that's enough about me I look forward to reading your introductions.

Deisgn well!

Geoffrey Baxter

geoff@baxsaa.com

(936) 228-9844

2 REPLIES 2

My name is Tim Cooper and I approve this message....Not even going to start discussing politics though.

Hi all,

I wanted to reach out to you all and see if you knew of anyone in the Houston area that was in the market for a Creo Development position. I am a technical recruiter for Apex Systems and we are supporting a contract to hire role for a major client of ours. If anyone could be interested, feel free to contact me at rtepera@apexsystemsinc.com or at (713)266-6557 to discuss this opportunity further.

Thanks,

Ryan

Top Tags