cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

How can a user, that does not have delete permissions, determine required dependant objects in Windchill.

ptc-287028
4-Participant

How can a user, that does not have delete permissions, determine required dependant objects in Windchill.

How can a user, that does not have windchill delete rights, determine which additional required objects would need to be deleted in order to successfully delete desired primary object.?

3 REPLIES 3

What is the context of this?

"When you reward an activity, you get more of it!"
ptc-287028
4-Participant
(To:LawrenceS)

For example, a user asks me to delete an object, because only org admins have this capability. When I try to delete, windchill sends and error message such as "unable to delete cad part 1234567 without also deleting 6482,hjsbfusf,03958395.......

so,

there must be a way for a user to examine required dependencies without having to discover these dependencies through me, an org admin.

How would the user do that?

Ahh Yes we have this trouble too, but more with it is being used in multiple Workspaces of muliple users. As far as your dependencies go, you could probably tell them to look at the detail page "where used" for that component. Admittingly though it can sometimes be a bit tricky when dealing with different revisions...

This is about the best I know, but perhaps someone knows a better way?

"When you reward an activity, you get more of it!"
Top Tags