cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Who's going to Liveworx 2019?

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Who's going to Liveworx 2019?

Anyone?  I was looking at it, but man, the hotel prices are flat absurd.  Dunno if I can convince Da Boss to spend a couple grand just in hotel fees!  I went to one way back in maybe '05 in Tampa, and it was pretty cool.  Got to see some cool stuff.

Anyone here going?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

After reading Brians comments, and as much as I like and respect him, I think I'm not even going to ASK my boss if I can go.  I have to agree with what Brian said 100%.  I can't justify the outrageous expense of the motel rooms just so PTC can have the conference down the street from their headquarters......EVERY year.  THAT, was what did it for me.   I didn't know it's been in Boston for all these recent years, and for the forseeable future too?  Oh, and Boston's a great choice for weather.....NOT.  Especially for me to go there for not much more than an big.....PTC ADVERTISEMENT session.    Nope, I'm out.  If you go, enjoy.

8 REPLIES 8

I have been to 6 since 2005, Orlando, Dallas, Nashville, Anaheim and 2 in Boston. I am trying to convince my boss into letting me going again this year. I put attendance at LiveWorx as one of my yearly objectives so when I don't go I can blame management for not supporting my objectives!

I used to attend the Unigraphics annual meetings in Dallas, Newport Beach(2), Washington and Detroit.

I find there is value in moving these meetings around the country so different customers can get a chance to attend and you can pick on what different people are doing. Boston is VERY expensive for travel and accommodations! Though it does save PTC money because their new headquarters is just down the street.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:BenLoosli)

I agree with you on moving it around, plus for those who attend them every year, it makes it more interesting because it's always a new venue.  I'm gonna try and convince Da Boss to let me go.  If so, we should definitely meet up for some creo conversations and a brewski or 3!  🙂

Have you checked on the hotel deals linked from the Liveworx website? We're supposed to do all travel reservations with our internal resources so my boss doesn't want me to use them. I'm about 5 hours away from Boston so I drive and stay about 10 miles out and drive in and park at the convention center. Hotel runs about $150/night with free onsite parking, then the parking at the convention center is about $18/day.

Haven't as yet, gotta ask Da Boss if he'd consider it before I spend time researching it.  I was born in Winchester ("Whinchestah" to the locals LOL) and spent the first 10 years of my life in Burlington so it'd be cool to get back there and look around as it's not far away.

I might be going. Trying to figure out how to afford the hotels.

Right???  I'm going to get some info together and ask Da Boss.  I've only been here 7mo so far, but I think they are pretty good about people traveling for learning events like this.  I think I can make a pretty good case for it as I'm considered an "unofficial" SME (Subject Matter Expert) for creo.

After reading Brians comments, and as much as I like and respect him, I think I'm not even going to ASK my boss if I can go.  I have to agree with what Brian said 100%.  I can't justify the outrageous expense of the motel rooms just so PTC can have the conference down the street from their headquarters......EVERY year.  THAT, was what did it for me.   I didn't know it's been in Boston for all these recent years, and for the forseeable future too?  Oh, and Boston's a great choice for weather.....NOT.  Especially for me to go there for not much more than an big.....PTC ADVERTISEMENT session.    Nope, I'm out.  If you go, enjoy.

jmcmanus
14-Alexandrite
(To:Patriot_1776)

Hi there,

A couple of things I'd like to give you all a heads up on - we have a price increase tomorrow - rates will increase by $100. 

Also, it sounds like you might be Creo or Windchill users? The CAD/PLM Technical Day is included in the LiveWorx All Access Pass - this is a full day of content on Monday, June 10 and is an additional 25 sessions to choose from - 100% focused on specialized Creo & Windchill content.

This event is in partnership with the PTC/USER Group  You can learn more here and check out the sessions being offered. It's really filling up fast. 

If you are interested in attending and want to hold your spot - shoot me an email today at jmcmanus@ptc.com and I can help you with a temp registration until you get manager approval at today's price - and you will also be able to hold your seat in the CAD/PLM Technical Day. 

Top Tags