cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Pro/E Tutorial Problem

GaryLindner
1-Newbie

Pro/E Tutorial Problem

I'm an FTC Coach, trying to learn Pro/E. In the first tutorial, Page 3, step 8, the istruction is to double-click on the dimension of the protrusion to edit the dimension. Double-clicking just seems to exit the Protrusion-Edit mode.
5 REPLIES 5

Hi Gary, If you want to edit the dimension (parameter) value, you can select the feature in question from the model tree or double click on the feature in the graphics window. The best way to select the object is to move your mouse over the feature in the graphics window and you will see them highlight as you pan your mouse. Once the right feature is selected, double click on it. The dimensions used to create the feature will be displayed. Double click the number of the dimension. DO not click the line or arrows...just the number. You will see a text-box display where you can enter the new number. Once finished, click enter to accept the change. Now you will see the value and arrows are green. The model need to be regenerated to update the value and the model. Click the regeneration icon from the top menu. The model is updated. IF you are not clicking on the number, but in space, the dimensions will disappear. Does this make sense? Mark

Mark, Thanks for responding. I swithed to the PTCU Modeling course, but am now having the same problem. I'm not seeing the highlights as I pan with the mouse and when I select from the Part list and thenclick on edit to reveal the dimensions, double-clicking with the LMB just causes an exit to the edit mode. I do not get the dimension-modify number entry field. Gary

Hi Gary, This is mainly due to a graphics issue. Can you downlaod the latest driver from the graphics card MFG? They should have a new driver for you. Are you running VISTA? Thanks Mark

I'm running Vista Business Pro on a Toshiba Portege M700 tablet PC. I just updated the graphics driver to the latest version, and the problem remains.

Hi Gary, Can you please send me your cotact information so we can get this resolved. My email address is -. I will look at the type of card you have in your machine and may switch to emulated graphics. Thanks, Mark
Top Tags