cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Theory

Re: Set Theory

@gerrypete wrote:

Hi, Valery,

Your text would be a fascinating preface to any book on mathematics.  I wasn't able to translate "vysokointellektualnym" but everything else is thought-provoking.

HI.png

Highlighted

Highlighted

even if it is beyond the question, I add this to complete my previous answer:

boolean expressions.jpg

Memories of when I taught:

Sequential.jpg

Highlighted

I have only one time use the operator "element of" in my last book about Math and Mathcad (see please two chapters above).

A problem

"Three fishermen lay down to sleep, not having counted or divided their catch. In the night, one of them woke up, and (not quite trusting the others) decided to divide the pile of fish and take his share. But the number of fish wasn't visible by three. However, he found he could throw one fish away, then take exactly a third. This he did (noting, in the true spirit of fairness, that an even number of fish was left for his comrades) and went back to sleep. Later, the second and third fishermen woke in turn, and each went through the same process. The question is, what is the minimum number of fish in the catch that fulfils these conditions?"

Fish.png

Highlighted

Hi, Valery,

I took a screen capture of your work and value it as an excellent documentation of the fundamentals of Boolean algebra.  Thanks again for your input.

Highlighted

Hi,

.... undoubtedly Valery is very valid ....

Highlighted

Yes, her contributions are most appreciated.
Highlighted

Hi gerrypete,

to be explicit, your answer

gerrypete.jpg

to whom it is addressed? to me or Mr. Valery?

Highlighted

Oops, the post was meant for Valery.  Sorry.

Announcements