cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stressing Of Steel Structures

Highlighted
Not applicable

After recently installing mathcad 2000 I have had problems with it crashing frequently.
I am new user trying to create a file to enable the calculation of stresses within a Steel Structure- has anyone already managed this -[Obviously there are many formulas and even more variables]If so I would be interested in what they have come up with.
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

That's a tough question.

If every system were exactly the same, it would not be so difficult.

Personally, I have two copies of MathCad 2000, one under Windows98 (64Mb RAM - 400MHz Pentium II) and one under Windows NT (80Mb RAM - 233 MHz Pentium).

I have read (on this and other collaboratories) many complaints about instabilities. I have experienced none myself, except while using programming features.

(I saved my work A LOT in order to get anything useful completed.)

Still, I find the number of complaints compared to the number of users to be VERY small. This leads me to suspect an installation problem as the #1 culprit for instabilities.

No doubt some very knowledgeable users who are very careful about installation will disagree with me. Oh well, that's what a public discussion is for.

You may wish to reinstall, being very careful to heed ALL warnings, especially the ones about removing virus detection and crash protection software during the install.

Of course, contacting Technical Support with your specific installation parameters may be the ultimate solution.

Good luck. I look forward to your results.
Highlighted

There is tons of stuff in the Civil Engineering section of this forum that may help you.
Announcements