cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

family tables in harness (or other options?)

Highlighted

family tables in harness (or other options?)

Pro/Gurus,

I have a bunch of wires used on ballasts. As I am new to Pro/Cabling, what I did was to create a single part called "wire harness" and route different wires under that part. Is there a way to selectively switch on and off a cable under that part? For example, I have routed a "Yellow" wire through series of points and in one assembly instance, I would like to show this wire on the assembly and in another instance, I would like to switch it off.

I feel I've already messed it up since I created only one harness part instead of individual harness for each color of wire (I could create simplified reps for diff. wires/ballast asms). I would be greatful for any suggestion that would help me achieve this-preferably not having to reroute 10-12 wires through a maze of points :(.

Also, I would like to know as to how do we create family tables in Harness- the actal commands. I am facing problems with my Pro/help (IE exits as soon as I hit "Contents" button on that help system!!) so I could not look it up. I

I use Pro/E 2001.
Thanks in advance,
Jaya