cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Auto Save during modelling

MickyD
1-Newbie

Auto Save during modelling

Hi There ! Are there any means by which Wildfire 4 can be configured to 'Auto save ' whilst engaged in solid modelling operations. Whilst I am now getting used to saving the .prt file (and then deleting old versions) frequently during modelling - it can be infuriating when Pro-E folds, particularly during round creations.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Sorry there has never been a autosave function. Running the trail file from the last session is your only way to recreate the last Pro-E session. Usually the last line in the trail file will need to be deleted and then run it under the tools menu. One last thing save your round operations to the last or close to last features, if you can. They can be the most likely to crash Pro-E. I've had rounds kill Pro-E more times than I can remember. Certainly you can use certain selections in your geometry that will give more robust rounds.
Top Tags