cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Borrowing a license when access to network is not possible

ptc-59621
1-Newbie

Borrowing a license when access to network is not possible

I need to find a way to get a license to an employee who will not have access to the network because they will not be in the country. Does anyone have any suggestions? I can achieve 14 days, but need to get 30 days. Any help, comments, jokes...are welcome.

Thank-you,

Johanna Tournier

jtournier@arcindy.com

Auto Research Cente

4012 Championship Drive

Indianapolis, IN 46268

3 REPLIES 3

I think 14-15 days is the max, however, I think PTC is rather
accommodating on this sort of thing. I think they'll let you move a
license to his PC for the month he'll be gone and then move it back when
he returns.

Doug Schaefer
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

Hi,

I got if from PTC knowledge base when I did this borrowing process for a customer in the same situation you are, but looks like you have already reach this limit of days however:

How to Extend the license borrow period beyond the default 6* days in Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 2.0, 3.0, or 4.0.

Resolution

The default "maximum" number of days to borrow a license is 6* days for all versions of Pro/ENGINEER later than Wildfire 2.0 (licenses are not borrowable in earlier versions).

The following environment variable increases the maximum for all versions of Pro/ENGINEER.

LM_BORROW_DURATION = N 

where "N" can be set to any numeric value. 

This will increase the maximum to the following:
     Wildfire 2.0 - 10* days      Wildfire 3.0 - 15* days      Wildfire 4.0 - 15* days 

*The total number of days includes 0 as the day the license is borrowed and as the first day of the total number of days a license is borrowed.

PLEASE NOTE: This variable will need to be set on the local machine and functions simply as an On/Off switch to increase the maximum number days for which a license can be borrowed. This means that setting the variable to a numeric value above the increased maximum for any particular version will not allow licenses to be borrowed beyond that number. Further the number borrowable days cannot be limited to a value between the default and the increased maximums using this variable.

Thanks in advance

Guilherme Rocha - Tech Support Consultant

PLM Solutions do Brasil

“A goal without a plan is just a wish.”

Maybe you can ask PTCs license management team to split your served license in order to extract one of the seatsand install it in your laptop, but in this way you will have the extra work to ask them to put the seat back into the server when your employee is back...

Thanks in advance

Guilherme Rocha - Tech support

PLM Solutions do Brasil

“A goal without a plan is just a wish.”

Top Tags