cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Build Update in WF 4.0

dsantos-2
1-Newbie

Build Update in WF 4.0

Hi,

Is therean easy way to update the build WF 4.0 ?

Example: To update some files only......

Because every time I update, I have to install full....

Thanks. Diogo.

4 REPLIES 4

I feel your pain Diogo!

I would prefer if PTC would provide "Hot Fixes" and "Service Packs" for
ProE instead of complete builds...

FV
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:dsantos-2)

Hi,

For company-wide deployment the following trick had beenworking for us: full install on one workstation and 'robocopy /mir' to the rest.

HIH.

Feliks.

In Reply to Diogo Santos:

Hi,

Is therean easy way to update the build WF 4.0 ?

Example: To update some files only......

Because every time I update, I have to install full....

Thanks. Diogo.

This is one of the reasons why I use Network Installs. I install Pro/E to a folder that tells me what current build it is. Example would be /WF4_M060

When I want to install a new build. I install it in a similar folder called /WF4_M080. This allows me to install it without loosing the older build and I can do it while everyone is working.

I have a script that starts Pro/e on each workstation and points to the Network path. When I want to switch everyone to the new Build, I simply open the script and do a Search and Replace "WF4_M060 with WF4_M080"

Now I can move everyone to the new build, even if they where already running Pro/E. The next time they exit and start Pro/E, they will all launch the new build without even knowing it.

If the M080 build has some issues that I did not expect. I open my script and change back to M060 in seconds. I always keep the previous build just in case there are issues moving forward.

In the end, I am only doing one install and I don't have to wait for anyone to go home in order to do it. It makes life easy. Just don't tell your boss.... 🙂

"Too many people walk around like Clark Kent, because they don't realize they can Fly like Superman"

Correction on my folder name. It's \WF4_M060 and not /WF4_M060.

I am on Windows. Just been doing a lot of XHTML Coding lately and use the "/" by mistake.

"Too many people walk around like Clark Kent, because they don't realize they can Fly like Superman"

Top Tags