cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Drawing setup file loaded with template

JoseVidal
1-Newbie

Drawing setup file loaded with template

Hello all, I have a template for an A4 sheet drawing. I also have my customized DTL file with some options. After I created my template, I changed some of the options on the DTL file. Now, whenever I create a new template based drawing, the new options are not applied. However, if I create a generic drawing, all options are applied. I have in my config.pro the location of the DTL file using option drawing_setup_file. Thanks in advance!
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Got the answer from an MCADCentral user: A template is like a special kind of drawing and just like a drawing, once created it does not update with changes to your *.dtl on disk. You need to open your template and re-apply the *.dtl file that you modified and save the template. __________________ Doug Schaefer  Columbus, OH
mashton-2
13-Aquamarine
(To:JoseVidal)

Jose I think your answer might be the answer to a similar problem I have been having with changes to the .dtl not working. So thanks.

Hi Martin, I've made several changes since yesterday to my DTL file and I apply the format to the template and it works fine. But you'll have to thank Doug at the MCADCentral, not me...
Top Tags