cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

License Problem

ptc-681098
1-Newbie

License Problem

I have always run my Pro-Engineer (Wildfire 3) on my laptop. Since replacing my hard drive and re-installing recently, it will only work when connected to the internet in the office. When I try to work at home I have a licence error License requuest failed for Feature ProEFoundationAdv:--96: Licence server machine is down or not running. I used to use ProE more at home than at work but can't anymore Does anyone have suggestions
3 REPLIES 3

John, It sounds like Windows is turning off your Network adapter when it is not in use. I am assuming that you are running wireless at home and wired at work. Go to the device manager and run properties on the network adapter then go to the power management tab and check the options. You will want to disable the powwer saving functions. Hope this helps, Wes

Hi John. It sounds like your license is tied to the ID of the wired network card. If that is so, it may be this Windows MediaSense "bug" which makes the system think your network card is not working when you're not connected physically to a network, ie., plugged in. For this, you will have to edit your Windows registry with the following steps: Run Regedit Go to the following folder - HKey_local_machine > System > Current control set > Services > TCPIP > Parameters RMB and create the following new DWord without any spaces: Disable DHCP MediaSense Set the value to "1" Some models of laptops come with customised utilities to do this but I'm unable to recall which are these. Sorry.

Me again. TO add on to my earlier post (with the oroginal assumption you're using the wired network card), you may also wish to look into changing the priority sequence of the network cards.
Top Tags